COVID-19 & The Festival Of Action
The safety of our community and those around us are at the forefront of our mission. We will be monitoring updates from the WHO with their recommendations forming the precedent for our health and safety protocols.
Health & Safety Precautions
- Promotion of regular and thorough hand washing and sanitizing of all those utilising the workspace including staff, students, facilitators and lecturers
- Placement of sanitizing hand rub dispensers in prominent places around the workplace
- Mask-wearing in indoor areas may be enforced if still recommended at the time. Most of the event takes place outdoors
- Pre-order of sufficient supplies and materials, including tissues and hand sanitizer for all participants well before the time to ensure availability
- Display posters promoting hand-washing in alignment with local health authorities
- A full time on-site medic will be available. We will advise any staff or participants to visit the medic if showing any symptoms
- Actively monitor where COVID-19 is circulating within the regions we are working
- Advise participants in advance that if they have any symptoms or feel unwell, they should not attend
- Make sure all organizers, participants, caterers and visitors at the event provide contact details: mobile telephone number, email and address where they are staying. State clearly that their details will be shared with local public health authorities if any participant becomes ill with a suspected infectious disease. If they will not agree to this they cannot attend the event or meeting
- Temperature checks each day
- Make sure workplaces are clean and hygienic including surfaces (e.g. desks and tables) and objects (e.g. telephones, keyboards) to be wiped with disinfectant regularly
- Ensure that face masks and / or paper tissues are available the workplaces, for those who develop a runny nose or cough, along with closed bins for hygienically disposing of them
- Identify additional spaces where we are able to have lectures in shades outside areas that reduce the potential spread of COVID-19 by keeping people in dispersed proximity
- Actively monitor where COVID-19 is circulating within the regions we are working.
- Advise participants in advance that if they have any symptoms or feel unwell, they should not attend.
- In terms of arranging workspace, Greenpop will plan to allow 2 metres between all seating and between any and all workspaces.
- If this is not possible when at full occupancy, Greenpop and faculty staff will look at shift patterns to alleviate pressure, Greenpop will be sure to have systems and personal in place to address mental health and social consequences of a case of COVID-19 in the group or in the community and offer information and support.
- If you cancel your placement 91 days (or more) before the start of your placement, we will refund 100% of the programme fee, excluding your deposit of USD 100/ ZAR 1000 which is non-refundable in all instances (except in the case of Greenpop cancelling because of Covid-19 or another SA lockdown – see next section). Funds raised for the Trees for Fees programme are always non-refundable whether you reach your tree-raising goal or not and whether you decide to come to the Festival of Action or not – we will still plant the trees on your behalf and be very grateful!
- If you cancel between 61 and 90 days before the start of your placement, we will refund 50% of the programme fee to you.
- If you cancel within 60 days of your start date, we apologize but we cannot return any payments to you.
- If the programme has to be canceled for reasons pertaining to safety or natural causes, Greenpop will refund your programme fee but cannot take responsibility for refunding loss of income or travel costs, etc.
- Cancellation fees will be waived if any participant cancels their own placement as a result of confirmed safety or health reasons in the country, and these are confirmed by the World Health Organization (WHO) within South Africa. Participants who have secured comprehensive travel insurance* will, in the event of cancellation, first claim from their insurer. Upon confirmed proof of insurance conclusion, we will credit the balance between what was paid to us for the specific itinerary and what the insurance has paid to the traveler. Those participants wishing to cancel, who did not take out relevant/adequate travel insurance will receive a credit for the amount already paid to us.
Covid-19 and Lockdowns
- If Greenpop has to cancel the programme because of a lockdown in South Africa or a regulation that does not allow events of this nature at the time, Greenpop will refund your full programme fee (including deposit) but cannot take responsibility for refunding loss of income or travel costs, etc.
- Greenpop reserves the right to cancel the programme at any time if we feel it is the right thing to do regarding COVID-19.
Refund policy while on the programme
- If your placement is terminated by Greenpop at any time during your stay at the programme for any reasonable reason you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you terminate your placement at any time during your stay on the programme, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If your placement is terminated, whether by Greenpop or by yourself, you will not be entitled to claim for any expenses made due to the change in your travel itinerary.