COVID-19 & The Festival Of Action
The safety of our community and those around us are at the forefront of our mission. We will be monitoring updates from the WHO with their recommendations forming the precedent for our health and safety protocols.
Health & Safety Precautions
- Promotion of regular and thorough hand washing and sanitizing of all those utilising the workspace including staff, students, facilitators and lecturers
- Placement of sanitizing hand rub dispensers in prominent places around the workplace
- Mask-wearing in indoor areas may be enforced if still recommended at the time. Most of the event takes place outdoors
- Pre-order of sufficient supplies and materials, including tissues and hand sanitizer for all participants well before the time to ensure availability
- Display posters promoting hand-washing in alignment with local health authorities
- A full time on-site medic will be available. We will advise any staff or participants to visit the medic if showing any symptoms
- Actively monitor where COVID-19 is circulating within the regions we are working
- Advise participants in advance that if they have any symptoms or feel unwell, they should not attend
- Make sure all organizers, participants, caterers and visitors at the event provide contact details: mobile telephone number, email and address where they are staying. State clearly that their details will be shared with local public health authorities if any participant becomes ill with a suspected infectious disease. If they will not agree to this they cannot attend the event or meeting
- Temperature checks each day
- Make sure workplaces are clean and hygienic including surfaces (e.g. desks and tables) and objects (e.g. telephones, keyboards) to be wiped with disinfectant regularly
- Ensure that face masks and / or paper tissues are available the workplaces, for those who develop a runny nose or cough, along with closed bins for hygienically disposing of them
- Identify additional spaces where we are able to have lectures in shades outside areas that reduce the potential spread of COVID-19 by keeping people in dispersed proximity
- Actively monitor where COVID-19 is circulating within the regions we are working.
- Advise participants in advance that if they have any symptoms or feel unwell, they should not attend.
- In terms of arranging workspace, Greenpop will plan to allow 2 metres between all seating and between any and all workspaces.
- If this is not possible when at full occupancy, Greenpop and faculty staff will look at shift patterns to alleviate pressure, Greenpop will be sure to have systems and personal in place to address mental health and social consequences of a case of COVID-19 in the group or in the community and offer information and support.